POSTOPERATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERIODONTAL LASER SURGERY
- Surgical Dressing/Packing is a “band-aid” to protect the area of surgery. Dressing/ packing may or may not be placed. If it is placed, it should stay on a minimum of 2-4 days. When or if the dressing/packing comes off, start gently brushing the surgery area.
- Foods that are hard and spicy should be avoided for the first several days. Normal diet can resume when the surgery area is comfortable.
- Bleeding is usually minimal following laser surgery. If bleeding does occur, place pressure over the area with gauze or tea bag.
- Scab-type appearance that is reddish-brown is normal for several days in the area of laser surgery. This area will then turn red and finally pink when healed after 1-2 weeks.
- Your next appointment will consist of evaluating the healing and obtaining further instructions on the care of the surgery area. If you have any questions, please contact our office.