As of Monday, May 4, 2020, our office officially re-opened. Our re-open plan is in accordance with public health officials and government agencies to minimize the health risk to you, our staff, and the rest of our loyal patients.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice which you have experienced during your visits to our office. We have always and will continue to follow infection control recommendations made by The Ohio State Dental Board and the American Dental Association. We are committed to staying up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that these agencies recommend and will implement them when needed.
Physical distancing has become our “new normal,” therefore, you will see some changes we made when it is time for your next appointment. For example:
- When a patient checks in to our office a screening questionnaire will be completed. We will ask if they have been out of the state, been in contact with anyone with a confirmed COVID-19 diagnosis, or if they have shown symptoms of COVID-19 within the last 14 days. If any of these symptoms are present, we will refer them to their physician or local hospital to be evaluated.
- Patients in our office are required to wear a mask while waiting for their appointment. If they don’t have one, one will be provided.
- Patients will be asked to sanitize their hands and have their temperature taken with one of our instant, touch-free thermometers as they arrive.
- We will be removing every other chair in our waiting room as well as sanitizing door handles, the front desk area, computers, etc., on a very frequent basis.
- When patients are in the treatment room, they will rinse with an antiseptic/antibiotic rinse.
- After a patient touches a pen or sits in a chair, it will be sanitized.
- All reading material will be removed from the waiting room.
We are eager to resume serving our community and are happy to answer any question you have. For more information about our post-COVID patient protocols, or to make an appointment, please visit our website or give us a call.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming back our patients and friends.
Drs. Sakamoto, Mannava, and Team