INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR BITE APPLIANCE
Every effort has been made to provide you with the most comfortable, therapeutic dental appliance to meet your specific treatment objectives. Proper care and maintenance by you at home will help insure that the appliance will continue to function properly and minimize any deterioration of its excellent qualities.
- Wear your appliance as instructed to obtain optimum result. However, in the beginning, you may need to gradually increase wear time as you get used to it. It may take several days before you can wear it through the night.
- Remove your appliance to eat.
- Removal of appliance is best accomplished by using equal pull on both sides of your mouth.
- When the appliance is not worn, it should be stored in the provided container.
- Continue with your recommended daily home care of your teeth and gums.
- Clean your appliance daily with a regular toothbrush and water.
- Slight discoloration of your appliance may occur with time.
- Several adjustments may be needed to obtain continual comfort and improvement of symptoms. If you feel a significant adjustment is needed, please call the office.