If you are looking for a fuss-free, long-term solution for replacing missing teeth in Blacklick, OH, dental implants are undoubtedly your best option. In addition to a 97 percent integration success rate, implants can help restore your confidence and improve your overall quality of life. You will walk away from the procedure with a beautiful new smile as well as the ability to chew and speak without pain and discomfort. Fortunately, there are no age restrictions and most patients easily qualify for the implant procedure.
That being said, every patient is different and certain conditions may need to be addressed before the implants can be placed. If you have any of the conditions listed below, you should discuss them with Dr. Sakamoto during your consultation.
- Gum Disease. If you have moderate to severe periodontal disease, you will most likely need to undergo treatment before your implants can be placed. Gum disease can detrimentally affect the success of your implant, so it is necessary to eradicate it beforehand.
- Bone Loss. If you lack adequate bone tissue, a bone-grafting procedure may be necessary in order to place your implants.
- Existing Dental Work. Depending on your situation, Dr. Sakamoto may use dental implants to buttress your existing dental work or remove it entirely and replace the bridge or denture with implants.
- Existing Medical Conditions/Medications. Be sure to disclose any existing health conditions and medications you are currently taking. More often than not, patients that are able to undergo common dental treatments will be eligible for implants.
- Tobacco Use. If you use tobacco products, you need to discuss the frequency of your usage with your doctor, as smoking can negatively impact the success of your dental implant procedure.
Dr. Fred Sakamoto, located in Blacklick, OH , is a Periodontist who services patients from East Columbus, OH, Reynoldsburg, OH, and Gahanna, OH. We are looking forward to welcoming you to our office and encourage you to schedule your appointment today!